Attorney III – Felony Trial Counsel (Public Defender)- 2694-47
Hamilton County Public Defender Office
Attorney III- Felony Trial Counsel (2694-47)
Deadline to Apply:
Open Until Filled
Hamilton County Public Defender
230 East Ninth Street. 2nd Floor
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
80 Hours Bi-Weekly
$31.38 an hour
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- Admission to Ohio Bar pursuant to Section 4705.01 of the Ohio Revised Code or ability to waive in through reciprocity.
- Completion of 24 credit hours of continuing legal education from accredited programs for applicable two-year reporting period pursuant to Rule X of Rules of Government of Bar of Ohio or ability to pursue CLE requirements once hired.
- Current certificate of registration in good standing pursuant to Rule VII of Rules of Government of Bar of Ohio.
- Three (3) years of experience as attorney in Ohio or in the state where currently licensed.
Job Duties (Summary):
- Responsible for the assignment and coordination of courtroom ‘A’ felony rotation panel Monday thru Saturday.
- May serve as Legal Staff for Courtroom 585 weekly on Thursdays and Friday and for video arraignments from the Jail.
- Responsible for obtaining waivers from the Justice center weekly on Tuesdays.
- May serves as Legal staff for Municipal Court Diversions.
- Coordinates the Courtroom ‘A’ 9:30 am and 10:30 am dockets.
- Responsible for felony trial caseload work to be determine.
- Will maintain an office presence for diversion and other services as required.
- Drafts legal documents and pleadings; takes depositions; reviews cases for feasibility of court or other legal action.
- Conducts legal research of case and statutory law, state, and federal rules; prepares legal briefs, memorandums and pleadings.
- Attends meetings, roundtables and seminars and may present at same; maintains legal records;
Attends training as necessary; performs other related duties as assigned