Coronavirus, COVID-19 Resources
Below is a list of official guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as Centers for Disease Control (CDC) on management and technical guidance for Coronavirus (COVID-19). Many organizations have infectious disease protocols in place already, and any resources below should inform, rather than replace, existing guidance. Additional resources related to infections disease and respiratory viruses are provided for housing, corrections, law enforcement partners, courts, and general workplace guidance. Federal agencies may, of course, be issuing updated guidance specifically related to preparedness for Coronavirus (COVID-19).
General Public Health Guidance on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
WHO, Technical Guidance on Coronavirus (COVID-19): https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/technical-guidance
CDC, Frequently Asked Questions on Coronavirus (COVID-19): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
CDC, Interim US Guidance for Risk Assessment and Public Health Management of Persons with Potential Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Exposure in Travel-associated or Community Settings : https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/risk-assessment.html
CDC, Guidance for Healthcare Professionals on Coronavirus (COVID-19): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/hcp/index.html
Respiratory Virus Guidance Related to Vulnerable Populations and Law Enforcement Partners
Bureau of Prisons, Federal Bureau of Prisons COVID-19 Action Plan: https://www.bop.gov/resources/news/20200313_covid-19.jsp
Bureau of Prisons Response Website: https://www.bop.gov/coronavirus/index.jsp
Bureau of Prisons, Seasonal Influenza Guidance: https://www.bop.gov/resources/pdfs/seasonal_influenza_guidance.pdf
National Commission on Correctional Health Care Webinar
Additional resources are available at:
Vera Institute of Justice, Guidance for preventive and responsive measures to coronavirus for jails, prisons, immigration detention and youth facilities: https://www.vera.org/downloads/publications/coronavirus-guidance-jails-prisons-immigration-youth.pdf
CDC, Law Enforcement Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/pdf/lawenforcement.pdf
Police Executive Research Forum, Benchmarks for Developing a Law Enforcement Pandemic Flu Plan: https://www.policeforum.org/assets/docs/Free_Online_Documents/Public_Health/benchmarks%20for%20developing%20a%20law%20enforcement%20pandemic%20flu%20plan%202009.pdf
U.S. Department of Justice’s Bureau of Justice Assistance, Guidelines for Pandemic Emergency Preparedness Planning: A Road Map for Courts: https://biotech.law.lsu.edu/blaw/flu/bja-courts-roadmap-2007.pdf
The National Center for State Courts, The Judge’s Role in a Pandemic Webinar: https://www.judges.org/evrplus_registration/?action=evrplusegister&event_id=126&utm_source=Judicial+Edge&utm_campaign=27bd7c4f9f-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_1_31_2019_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_245b20c264-27bd7c4f9f-
Behavioral Health Providers
National Council on Behavioral Health, Resources and Tools for Addressing Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- COVID-19 Public Health Emergency Response and 42 CFR Part 2 Guidance
- SAMHSA’s guidance for OTPs
- Updated SAMHSA guidelines for OTPs (dated 3/16/20)
- NIDA: COVID-19 potential implications for individuals with SUDs
- Washington State Department of Health emergency response info
- Caron Treatment Center’s coronavirus-related protocols for treatment centers
- Harm Reduction Coalition’s guidelines for people who use drugs and harm reduction programs
- Digital All Recovery Meetings by WEconnect, Unity Recovery and Alano Club
- ATTOD’s Guidance for Opioid Treatment Programs
CDC, Interim Guidance for Responding to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) among People Experiencing Unsheltered Homelessness: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/homeless-shelters/unsheltered-homelessness.html
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Infectious Disease Toolkit for CoCs: https://www.hudexchange.info/resource/5985/infectious-disease-toolkit-for-cocs/
U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness, COVID-19: https://www.usich.gov/covid-19
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Using a Disaster Policy to Fund Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response with ESG: https://files.hudexchange.info/resources/documents/Using-a-Disaster-Policy-to-Fund-Infectious-Disease-Preparedness-and-Response-with-ESG.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0C81laB1ZXpVaYJSclPCYkEWRMwFm5PvP9OGj3DJyAgYf6Vr79J7WbBMg
Workplace Wellness and Mental Health
American Psychiatric Association Foundation, Working Remotely During COVID-19: Your Mental Health & Well-Being: http://workplacementalhealth.org/getmedia/fd8a9b98-b491-4666-8f27-2bf59b00e475/Working-Remotely-During-COVID-19-CWMH-Guide
National Alliance for Mental Illness, COVID-19 Information and Resources: https://www.nami.org/getattachment/Press-Media/Press-Releases/2020/COVID-19-and-Mental-Illness-NAMI-Releases-Importan/COVID-19-Updated-Guide-1.pdf?lang=en-US
U.S. Department of Labor, Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for an Influenza Pandemic: https://www.osha.gov/Publications/influenza_pandemic.html
Effective Monday, March 9, Relias launched How to Prepare for Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Influenza: Free Training & Resources, a digital toolkit containing free resources regarding COVID-19 preparedness and prevention.
This toolkit includes:
- Two free courseswith unrestricted access for everyone:
- Hand Hygiene: The Basics– Handwashing is one of the most important steps to break the chain of infection. This micro-course follows CDC recommendations and provides a refresher on the specific requirements to successfully stop the spread.
- Preparing for Pandemic Influenza– This course serves healthcare leaders involved in Pandemic Planning and Preparedness. The course spotlights Pandemic flu; it offers principles and practices relevant to viral transmission disease precautions.
- List of course recommendations* - For Relias clients, our experts have curated recommended courses to bolster staff’s knowledge and abilities in infection prevention. This tailored training plan has been shared with Relias Learning Administrator sites and includes the courses below. A link to instructions on accessing this training plan template is located on the toolkit page.
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Infection Control: The Basics
- Hand Hygiene: The Basics
- Influenza Prevention Self-Paced
- Transmission-Based Precautions
*These courses will be available to RLMS customers with content libraries. Please be advised that certain customer configurations may require support to enable access. We are working on a way to also deliver recommended content via CE Direct, and we will update you when it becomes available.
- Upcoming Activities:
- 3-part webinar series on pandemic preparedness and coronavirus.
- Blog series focused on staffing crisis, home based services, and organizational management all related to coronavirus preparedness.