Who We Are
- To defend the rights secured by law of persons accused of the commission of a criminal offense;
- To educate and promote research in the field of criminal defense law and the related areas;
- To instruct and train attorneys through lectures, seminars and publications for the purpose of developing and improving their capabilities; to promote the advancement of knowledge of the law as it relates to the protection of the rights of persons accused of criminal conduct;
- To foster, maintain and encourage the integrity, independence and expertise of criminal defense lawyers through the presentation of accredited Continuing Legal Education programs;
- To educate the public as to the role of the criminal defense lawyer in the justice system, as it relates to the protection of the Bill of Rights and individual liberties;
- To provide periodic meetings for the exchange of information and research regarding the administration of criminal justice.